Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena Partner with U.S Chamber of Commerce for Hiring Our Heroes Veterans Expo
FREE Registration Includes Workshop, Hiring Fair and Ticket to Cavs vs. Timberwolves Game
Quicken Loans Arena
Monday, January 25th
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Hiring Our Heroes Program Helps Service Members, Veterans and Their Spouses Find Meaningful Civilian Employment; Attendees Invited to Cavs Game
The Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena are proud to join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation in hosting Hiring Our Heroes, a FREE expo for veterans and military spouses on Monday, January 25th from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at The Q.
The event will begin with an employment workshop focusing on resume building, networking and interview tips, all taking into account the job seeker's military background and experience. Immediately following the workshop, candidates will be invited to explore the arena concourse to meet and interview with nearly 80 employers, all of which have immediate openings for veterans and military spouses of all ranks and levels of experience.
Pre-registered attendees are eligible to receive up to two FREE tickets for that evening's Cleveland Cavaliers game against Minnesota Timberwolves, courtesy of Hiring Our Heroes and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. In order to guarantee their game ticket/s, interested job seekers must pre-register online at www.hiringourheroes.org. Veterans must provide proof of service.
The following organizations are scheduled to participate in the Hiring Fair:
- A.J. Rose Manufacturing Company
- Aistreams Renewables, Inc.
- Bet The Vet
- Brand Protect Plus
- Canton Charge
- Case Western Reserve University
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Cleveland Clinic
- Cleveland Gladiators
- Community Assessment & Treatment Services
- Component Repair Technologies
- Cuyahoga Group
- Extended Stay
- FedEx Ground
- First Command Financial Services
- GE Lighting
- Greater Cleveland Council Boy Scouts
- Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
- GunnyRet Consulting, LLC.
- Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation (HERC)
- Hilton Cleveland Downtown
- Holland, Inc
- Hyland, creator of OnBase
- Integrity Staffing Services
- Johnson Controls
- Joseph, Mann & Creed
- Lake Erie Monsters
- Mar‐Bal, Inc.
- Marriott Reservation Call Center
- McCarthy, Burgess & Wolff
- Michaels Stores Inc.
- Minutemen Staffing Services
- Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
- NSL Analytical
- Quicken Loans Arena
- Quicken Loans
- R&R Trucking
- Ricoh USA
- Scotts Lawn Service
- Squire Patton Boggs US LLP
- The Lincoln Electric Company
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
- U.S. Department of State
- Universal Truckload Services
- University Hospitals
- Vector Technical Inc
- Visiting Nurse Association of Ohio
- Vocalink Language Services
- Western and Southern Life
- WOW! Internet Cable Phone
- YRC Freight
- ZIN Technologies, Inc.
- Cuyahoga County Veterans Service Commission
- NEOVETS, Inc.
- Ohio Dept. of Job & Family Services ‐ Veterans Program
- The American Legion - Department of Ohio
- Veterans Crisis Line
Credentialed members of the media are invited to attend. To register, media should e-mail Jack Norton at [email protected] or call 202-463-5725.
This Cleveland Cavaliers and Alcoa Foundation sponsored hiring event is being conducted by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Ohio Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, the Department of Labor Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (DOL VETS), the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the American Legion, Goodwill Industries International, NBC News, and other local partners.
Hiring Our Heroes was launched in 2011 as a nationwide initiative of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation to help veterans, transitioning service members, and military spouses find meaningful employment. Working with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s vast network of state and local chambers and other strategic partners from the public, private and nonprofit sectors, Hiring Our Heroes has helped hundreds of thousands of veterans and military spouses find meaningful employment through more than 950 job fairs in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia, and on military installations overseas.
SIGN UP TODAY!
Exclusive Contests, Special Ticket Offers, Upcoming Events, Announcements.Sign Up to Become a Q Insider