Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival
Mickey Mouse and his band of friends, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy, will be performing in a music mash-up of mega proportions when Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival comes to Cleveland on Sunday March 9th with performances at 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.! Concert goers will hear greatest hits from the blockbuster movies, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story remixed to rock, pop, reggae, hip-hop, jazz and country, among other jams.
“One song can touch millions of people around the world and Disney has been at the beat of this concept for years by making music a main ingredient of storytelling,” said Producer and CEO of Feld Entertainment Kenneth Feld. “In Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival we are celebrating with the Disney characters to a soundtrack of the latest sounds and chart-topping hits. We want our guests to walk away with lasting memories and singing these unforgettable melodies long after they leave the show.”
Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival, featuring an all-star lineup of more than 25 Disney characters, begins with audiences watching a state-of-the-art video projection of the frenzy backstage which spills onto the stage as Mickey welcomes guests to his concert tour. Soon thereafter, they will be transported to a new world of hip hop beats, dizzying acrobatics, flying carpets and magical transformations with Aladdin, Jasmine and Genie. Underwater is where the crowd will meet up with Ariel, Sebastian and their nautical pals to groove to the reggae rhythm. And, family and friends will stomp to the beat as Woody, Buzz and Jessie teach them how to boogie rodeo-style.
“We’ve created an environment where audience members will be able to connect with the Disney stars,” said Alana Feld, Producer and Executive Vice President of Feld Entertainment. “Within each concert moment are elements of personal interaction and the audience will be harmonizing, dancing, laughing and having an outrageously good time with the characters.”
The father-daughter production team, Kenneth Feld and Alana Feld, has hand selected award-winning creative talents whose credits span from working with Madonna to winning a Latin Grammy® Award to designing hundreds of costumes for Disney theme park shows:
- Director/Choreographer Fred Tallaksen Award-winning choreographer of Madonna’s “Sorry” video and the finale of her Confessions World Tour; in 2008, earned a Latin Grammy® in the Best Video category for Juanes’s “Me Enamora;” has choreographed for many TV shows, including “Modern Family,” “Outsourced” and “Wizards of Waverly Place;” skating consultant for “Austin Powers III-Goldmember;” and directed and choreographed for Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever!
- Writer Jeremy Desmon’s credits include The Girl in the Frame, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie & Other Storybooks and Curious George Live!. He received the 2007 Kleban Award for excellence in Musical Theatre Bookwriting, and is also a recipient of the Dramatists Guild’s Jonathan Larson Fellowship
- Scenic Designer Rick Papineau Vice President of Scenic Elements at Feld Entertainment; veteran designer who creates props, scenic elements and special effects for all of the company’s touring shows
- Costume Designer Cynthia Nordstrom Designed costumes for more than 15 original dance shows in Downtown Disney; designed costumes for Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy; Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever! and Disney On Ice presents Rockin’ Ever After
- Lighting Designer Sam Doty Assisted in the building and planning of every Feld Entertainment show since 2006, including Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy, Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival and multiple editions of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® circus
- Music Director Stan Beard has arranged and written the musical score for numerous domestic and international Disney On Ice productions, and has worked in the recording studio with such luminaries as Barbra Streisand and Frank Sinatra.