Policies and Procedures
Security/Building Policies and Procedures
Creating a safe and secure environment for all of our guests and employees is a high priority at Quicken Loans Arena. It is our responsibility to make sure the people who spend time at this facility are safe and secure. We will take the necessary measures to provide an environment where our guests can have a good time without concern.
Quicken Loans Arena security personnel reserve the right to determine the method of security checks as deemed necessary including the use of metal detectors, the search of jackets, clothing and other items.
What you are not permitted to carry into Quicken Loans Arena
- No video and audio recorders
- No weapons of any kind, including pepper spray, pocket knives and/or blades of any kind.
- Selfie sticks
- iPads or other similar electronic devices
- Garments with explicit language, profanity or derogatory characterization directed toward any person. Determination of appropriate messaging is at sole discretion of The Q.No signs, posters or messages on any garment with explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization directed toward any person.
- No laser pointers or whistles
- No backpacks, large bags, or sealed packages of any kind (including gifts for performers)
- No bottles, cans, or coolers
- No outside food or beverages. Exceptions are made for medical reasons, baby food and reasonable children’s snacks (crackers, raisins, juice boxes, etc.)
- The use of any outside noisemaker is prohibited in the arena
- Any professional camera device with a lens larger than 6 inches
- In accordance with the Ohio’s “concealed carry” law and the right for private entities to ban handguns on their premises, firearms and other weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden on the premises of Quicken Loans Arena.
What you are permitted to carry into Quicken Loans Arena
- Purses and diaper bags are permitted and will be inspected by security
- Binoculars and cell phones are permitted and subject to security inspection
A Valid I.D. (State I.D., Driver’s License and Military I.D.) is required for purchase of Alcohol if you appear to be 30 years of age or younger. Sorry for the inconvenience, but Ohio law prohibits passports and any I.D. from foreign states as forms of identification. The service limit for events is 2 alcoholic beverages per transaction. Alcohol service cut-off is made at the beginning of the 4th quarter for NBA games, at the end of the second intermission for AHL games, or at management’s discretion.
Banners / Signs
Banners and signs may not be hung anywhere inside the venue unless authorized by Quicken Loans Arena. Unauthorized signs or banners must be returned to your vehicle.
Guests are permitted to bring personal cameras (see specifications below) to The Q for Cavaliers, Monsters and Gladiators games. For all other events, the camera policy is determined on an event-by-event basis by the tour management. For up-to-date information on the camera policy for the specific event you are attending, please visit the show’s information page listed here a few days before the event or e-mail your inquiry to [email protected]
If allowed, cameras will be inspected at designated turnstiles and must be 35mm or less, disposable, or digital with a lens no more than 6 inches in length and 4 inches wide across the lens (anything greater than this is considered professional equipment and is not permitted inside The Q).
There are two First-Aid stations in Quicken Loans Arena staffed with registered nurses. The First-Aid stations are located on the Main Concourse near Section 121 and on the Upper Concourse near Section 220. On site for all events is a paramedic unit from the City of Cleveland. If you are in need of medical attention please notify a Quicken Loans Arena Guest Services Representative. The Quicken Loans Arena staff is trained to call for immediate response and assistance in emergency situations.
Quicken Loans Arena has a no re-entry policy. Once you leave the building during an event, you will not be permitted to return.
Trained guide dogs or service animals assisting guests are welcome inside Quicken Loans Arena. All service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times.
Quicken Loans Arena is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building. Designated smoking areas are located outside the venue. Smoking is also defined to include any and all electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes.
Quicken Loans Arena does not permit unauthorized soliciting or collecting of contributions, vending, distribution of fliers or other promotional/advertising materials on the premises.
A valid ticket for the event is required for admittance to Quicken Loans Arena unless otherwise indicated. Children two years or older must have a ticket for admittance unless otherwise stated. Children under two must sit on a parent’s lap
Lost and Found
Please report a lost item to one of our Guest Services Desks located on the Main Concourse near Section 100 or on the Upper Concourse near Section 233. To learn if a lost item has been found call (216) 420-2195 the day after the event.
NBA Establishes Revised Arena Guidelines for All NBA Arenas
The National Basketball Association issued to all teams a revised set of Arena Guidelines, according to NBA Deputy Commissioner and COO Russ Granik. The Guidelines include policies dealing with the deployment of security personnel, alcohol sales and a new Fan Code of Conduct. View Guidelines
SIGN UP TODAY!
Exclusive Contests, Special Ticket Offers, Upcoming Events, Announcements.Sign Up to Become a Q Insider